As the Ontario Hot Rod Tour continues to expand, we would like to introduce ride captain(s) of sorts. This person(s) has the opportunity to become a fundamental part of the tour. Basically the ride captain will lead their group to its destination in a well-organized, disciplined and safe manner.
The successful candidate(s) should have the following attributes:
- Be an experienced driver
- Have an assertive, positive, in-control attitude, while being able to create a feeling of safety and respect from their group
- Maintain a current valid driver’s license
- Maintain current vehicle insurance
- Volunteer for the position. This is not a paid position
- The ride captain must have a navigator with them
- They must have electronic navigation equipment in the vehicle that can display Google map kml layers and a data plan
- There must be a working cell phone in the vehicle, that the navigator can use to connect with the OHRT promoters
If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to talk to you.
As an added perk, if you are selected as a Ride Captain, you’ll get your registration fee back.